Welcome to the Bassets Unlimited Message Forum

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: constant whining
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:54 pm 
IP:

hi , my bassett is a 1 year old female petit bassett who constantly whines , i take her out to do her buisness durring the day and at night and then she will wake me up again durring the night [2;00 am] and again at 5;00am] to go? The vet said she is fine . I also notice durring the day she will whine until i take her for run to the park, after that when we get home she will quiet down and then the same ol routine starts. She is my second bassett , i got her from a lady over the net who was looking for good home for her as 2 other people sent her back- we love her to death we just want to know what to do. I have also noticed that she is very skidish and afraid of children and men. I work from home and want desperatly to set a time to take her out for bathroom and for play, anyone give me some advice?

Post subject: Re: constant whining
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:23 am 
IP:

Since she's skiddish of kids and men, I recommend socializing her as much as possible, if the skiddishness is going to be a problem. I have some that are skiddish of people, but since we never go anywhere, I don't mind.
The whining.....sounds like she's bored to me. Have you considered getting her a sister or brother? Also, a doggy door is a life saver!!! If she's constantly whining to go out, a doggy door will allow her to go out any time she wants. Do you have a fenced yard? If so, I highly recommend the doggy door. If that's not an option for you, she needs lots of exercise. Maybe daily jogs? Since she sounds extremely bored, I'd say she needs more than one daily run.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: Re: constant whining
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:35 am 
IP:

many thanks for the reply and advice . i live in a condo and work from home . I will now go out with her at least 3 times a day to park and let her have a good run. I can't make a doggy door as there would be no point as she would only lead to balcony. i had my first bassett and lived in condo without problems he was also nervous over loud noises but loved people [got him from pet shop] . I will and am going to heed your great advice and will keep you posted , many thanx again. :D

PetCareRx - America's Most Affordable Pet Pharmacy   Pet Street Mall   Dog.com   Animal Den - Gift Shop for Dog Lovers!   DogToys.com - Toys, Treats and gifts for pet   Petco.com