Welcome to the Bassets Unlimited Message Forum

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 2:53 am


All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 


Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 am 
IP:
Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 2
I really need some advice on how to stop my 7 week 5 day old pup biting. He was the biggest of the litter and i often went to visit him (every week from birth) and he was the most placid of all the pups and it seems as though from bringing him home he has turned in to a different pup. i understand that teething plays a big part in mouthing and biting but its getting to the extreem ! my daughter is 6 and is terrified to go near him incase he bites her. i am more understanding of his behaviour but he has made my eyes water a few times. he's constantly chewing and hanging off anything thats in his way. ive tried treats to get him to stop but to no avail.
does anyone have any tips for me as what is meant to be a great experience for all the family is turning in to a nightmare :(

thanks amiee x


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:18 pm 
IP:
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 430
Location: North Alabama
Check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=312

_________________
Bassets Unlimited - A Community Designed For The Basset Hound Enthusiast.

BU Staff Member

Image


Top
 Profile  WWW
Reply with quote  
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 am 
IP:
Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 2
quick update, i think ive now turned a corner with some advice off the the puppy trainer at the vets! if my basset has been biting me or my ankles i have not been giving any yelping sounds just simply standing up and turning my back on him without a sound which works 90% of the time. the other 10% if he doesn't stop i put him in the kitchen, again without a sound for 10 seconds and that is working fine too. im so happy, i had a really good time yesterday with "murphy". oh and i managed to get my dd to sit on th floor with him in the evening when he was super tired so he wasn't up for playing. hopefully this will carry on ! :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

PetCareRx - America's Most Affordable Pet Pharmacy   Pet Street Mall   Dog.com   Animal Den - Gift Shop for Dog Lovers!   DogToys.com - Toys, Treats and gifts for pet   Petco.com


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

    Return to Homepage | © 2016 BassetsUnlimited.com